Top Tips to Pain Free and Relaxed Driving
If your job specifically involves long hours of driving or if you drive fairly long distances to and from work every day, then obviously you may have experienced back pain. Approximately 30-60% of drivers report that “back pain is caused by worse driving.” Heavy goods vehicle drivers expose their body to many forces including acceleration, deceleration and lot of vibrations which consequently makes this group of people report more back pain. Let us know some top most key factors to experience pain-free and relaxed driving,
- Plan ahead for to schedule stops—ideally for every 30 minutes—and get out of the car so you can move around and stretch.
- Being comfortably seated is the most important thing to consider while driving. If your car does not have lumbar support car seat, use lumbar support cushion to support your back.
- Sit up straight with your knees slightly higher than your hips, and keep your chin pulled in so that your head sits straight on top of your spine.
- Change your position slightly every 15 to 20 minutes. Change your back brace posture from time to time which will help to maintain good driving posture; this is also easier if you take regular breaks.
- Many drivers find that they experience back pain mostly when they are driving for longer periods of time. , So, if possible, share the driving.
- Take care when getting in and out of your vehicle, rotate your whole body but do not twist your back.
- Also, be careful when loading and unloading items from your vehicle, remember to bend your knees when lifting.
These are the most useful tips to enjoy a pain free and relaxed driving for a long journey! Follow these, drive safe and be safe!
Latest posts by Ask8 Team (see all)
- Sleep Tight…This Sleep Mask will put an end to your Sleeping Problems - October 29, 2016
- N-E-R Adjustable Knee Brace Review – It Really Works! - October 28, 2016
- The Back-Pal Inflatable Neck Pillow – Your Best Travel Mate! - October 27, 2016