Tips to drive your car ergonomically
Are you suffering from pain? Any aspect of your life could contribute to it. Driving is one of those aspects that could stress your neck, upper and lower back and cause pain in those areas. Safety should always be the first priority. It is important to use cars that fit you well and adjust the car seat so that you could easily see the road, mirrors and reach the instruments. Few adjustments that could benefit you ergonomically are listed below,
- Adjust the seat height so that your hip is as high as your knees which make you see the road and the instruments comfortably. At the same time, if it is too high then you would have to bend your head down or to the side every time.
- Move the seat forward and make it easier to reach all the foot pedals without coming away from the seat back.
- Adjust the lumbar support for car seats so that you have an even back support. Get a back brace for posture if your car seat lacks it.
- The car seat should evenly support your thigh without pressuring any particular areas and make sure that it doesn’t hit the back of the knees.
- Alter the position of the steering wheel until the need for reaching it is minimized.
- Adjust the mirrors and avoid slouching down or getting in a bad position when you need to use them.
Also, make minor adjustments in your position regularly to change the stressors on your body and stay in a safe supported position.
Latest posts by Ask8 Team (see all)
- Sleep Tight…This Sleep Mask will put an end to your Sleeping Problems - October 29, 2016
- N-E-R Adjustable Knee Brace Review – It Really Works! - October 28, 2016
- The Back-Pal Inflatable Neck Pillow – Your Best Travel Mate! - October 27, 2016