What Are The Side Effects Of Sitting In A Normal Chair?
Humans have always enjoyed healthy backs for centuries. Therefore, modern lifestyle is responsible for the now epidemic of back pain. People are spending hours sitting at their desk without getting a proper back support for their office chairs. Usually, people used to twist their spine when sitting upright. If this is prolonged for a long time, their spine gets weak. Then the weakened spine becomes vulnerable to injuries that can occur due to other activities such as lifting and twisting.
Without any back brace for posture control, the chair tips the pelvis backwards off balance. The bottom of the chair pushes the base of the pelvis up as the torso weight bears down the spine, bending it forward and distorting it. Actually there are ligaments that can limit this bending but under constant stress it gets over exerted to an extent that they can no longer protect the intervertebral discs. Nearly everyone slumps their pelvis when sitting upright. This slumped pelvis pressures the discs. The damage gets worse the longer the person remains in the same position.
Three major problems caused by these stretched spine and disc pressure are,
- Chronic back pain: caused by tensed muscles.
- Acute pain: caused usually by physical activities such as bending, twisting and lifting.
- Prolapsed discs: also caused by physical activities.
Therefore, it is more important to have a support for the lower back when a person is in a sitting position for a long time.
Latest posts by Ask8 Team (see all)
- Sleep Tight…This Sleep Mask will put an end to your Sleeping Problems - October 29, 2016
- N-E-R Adjustable Knee Brace Review – It Really Works! - October 28, 2016
- The Back-Pal Inflatable Neck Pillow – Your Best Travel Mate! - October 27, 2016