How to choose a perfect ergonomic chair?
Doing a desk work means spending a lot of time sitting in a chair. This position adds stress to the spinal cord, which in turn can cause acute or chronic back pain. Therefore, it is necessary to have an office chair with back support for the lumbar region, promoting a good posture. There are certain things to be considered before looking for a good ergonomic office chair. Some of these features are given below,
- An office chair should have a pneumatic adjustment lever so that its height could be adjusted as per an individual’s need. The height of the seat should range from 16-20 inches off the floor to allow the user to lay their feet flat on the ground and their arms in level with the height of the desk.
- The seat should have an adjustable backward or forward tilt.
- A lumbar support for office chairs is very important. It has an inward curve that prevents you from slouching and gives no strain to the lower back.
- It is recommended to have an adjustable backrest. It should be able to support the natural curve of the spine, supporting the lower back of the body.
- The material of the seat should be soft with padding that makes the chair comfortable enough to sit on for extended periods of time.
- The armrest should allow the user to rest their arms comfortably. An adjustable armrest is usually preferred over the fixed ones.
- An ergonomic chair should be easy to move around. This avoids strain while trying to reach different areas of the desk.
These characteristics would allow any individual to make the chair suitable for his/her specific needs.
Latest posts by Ask8 Team (see all)
- Sleep Tight…This Sleep Mask will put an end to your Sleeping Problems - October 29, 2016
- N-E-R Adjustable Knee Brace Review – It Really Works! - October 28, 2016
- The Back-Pal Inflatable Neck Pillow – Your Best Travel Mate! - October 27, 2016