How Alleviate Back Pain on Your Road Trips?
If you already suffer from chronic neck or back pain, riding in the car for an hour or more can be a real challenge. But don’t worry; back pain is just because of sitting in the same place for long periods without the proper ergonomic support.
Unlike in an office chair, your body feels a lot of differences in a car, from acceleration, side-to-side swaying, and vibrations. These waves in the spine push the discs between your vertebrae, and it increases the chance of back problems. You can avoid such problems by using the right lumbar support for your car seats.
Here mentioned are some of the simple tips that you can be followed on your next long trip to reduce the stress on your spine, lessen your back pain, and improve your overall comfort while driving.
What is the best driving position?
- Don’t sit too far away from the pedals which may cause additional strain on the upper back and neck.
- Ensure you thighs are supportive to your seat as much as possible.
- Adjust your lumbar support at your belt height, so that it presses gently on your lower back.
- Sit up straight with your knees slightly higher than your hips, and keep your chin pulled in.
How to Keep Back Pain Away While Driving?
- If your car seat provides little back support, you can opt for lumbar back support. Using lumbar mesh can help with sciatica pain, or provide support for the neck, lumbar spine, bottom, and full body.
- If you suffer from back pain on longer journeys, don’t try to complete the trip in the one go. Take some rest on the way to park, beach, hotel….. Get out of your car to stretch and work the hamstrings. Applying ice for about 20 minutes to where you’re experiencing back pain is typically a good way to curtail any pain.
With all these above mentioned tips, make sure your back pain doesn’t ruin your journey. Don’t miss out any trip on job or vacation. Enjoy happy road trips!
Latest posts by Ask8 Team (see all)
- Sleep Tight…This Sleep Mask will put an end to your Sleeping Problems - October 29, 2016
- N-E-R Adjustable Knee Brace Review – It Really Works! - October 28, 2016
- The Back-Pal Inflatable Neck Pillow – Your Best Travel Mate! - October 27, 2016